Friday, October 14, 2011

Step one. Finally!

Step One.
We admited we were powerless over our insane eating practices - that our lives had become unmanageable.

What.
Would.
Happen.
If I.
Decided that.
I wanted...
To go to inpatient treatment?

"Wow!" was her response, "I wasn't expecting that..You're sick and tired of being sick and tired? You've reached your bottom, you don't need to get any lower then that."

God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

God, be with me right now. Denial has kept me from seeing how powerless I am over my insane eating practices and how my life is unmanageable. Teach me to accept that I have an illness and that there's nothing I can do on my own to change it. And that no person can give me everything. Help me to remember I am not a broken person that needs fixing but a sick person who needs healing. And that you the Almighty Healer. Thank you for bringing me to this point of acceptance and surrender. And thank you for loving me unconditionally and catching me everytime I fall. May your will be done always. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment